by Mariyah Keifa
In 2018, many Hip Hop, R&B, and underground rap artists have blown up and skyrocketed through the charts. In 2019, because of their popularity, musicians have started releasing tour dates and performances, specifically for music festivals. Depending on what music one prefers, a lot of the most popular music genres for these festivals are Hip Hop & R&B, Country, and Electronic/EDM. Most festivals haven’t released any dates or lineups, but here are some with recurring schedules.
1. Outside Lands is an indie/alternative rock festival with an electronic genre of music that fits the vibe of anxious teenagers. The festival is usually around mid-August and costs about $300 for three days of lighthearted, but diverting merriment. Outside Lands is located in the well-known Golden Gate Park, San Francisco. This music festival is known for the immense amount of young adults and teens who attend.
2. Rolling Loud is basically a giant party with the most famous rappers of the year, as well as artists that have been known for years. Rolling Loud is a Hip Hop and R&B festival and draws attention from all age groups. Although this festival only comes once a year in the Bay Area, it is the biggest societal field day for rappers on the charts. The general month changes every year but the price stays the same from about $190 to $300 for two days. The location varies as well between San Francisco and Oakland.
3. Mutek is an electronic, indoor music festival that is located in San Francisco. The price for this festival is about $250.This is a lively event that is perfect for rave lovers and is definitely a go-to for stepping out of comfort zones! The dates have not been released yet, but they be will soon on the website.
1. Lil Baby has blown up over the past year and is now releasing his tour dates for 2019. This artist is known for his Hip Hop and R&B collabs with Drake, Travis Scott and Gunna. His concert in the Bay Area is on Monday, March 18th at 8:00pm at the Fox Theatre in Oakland. Tickets are about $50 currently, so get them while they’re cheap!
2. Vince Staples is a very underappreciated artist who is touring “Smile, You’re On Camera” Friday, March 29th at 9:00 pm in Oakland, also at the Fox Theatre.
3. A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie is an R&B artist who is famous for his song with Kodak Black, “Drowning,” and his song with 6ix9ine, “Swervin.” A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie is going to be in the Bay Area on Thursday, April 4th at 8:00pm at the Fillmore in San Francisco.